Through our Washington, D.C. office, LAC advocates with Congress and the presidential administration to improve our federal laws and policies in order to:
Improve Health Responses to Addiction
and Eliminate Discrimination
- Ensure that substance use prevention, treatment and recovery support services and providers are fully included as the Affordable Care Act is implemented;
- Expand funding for life-saving alcohol and drug treatment, prevention, and recovery services and research;
- End discrimination against people in recovery or suffering from addiction;
- Protect the privacy of treatment records and information.
Improve Criminal Justice Policy
- Support alternatives to incarceration and other community-based diversion programs for appropriate individuals;
- Support smarter more effective policies that cost less and make our communities safer; and
- End discrimination against people with criminal records and encourage re-entry.