New York State Policy Advocacy
Legal Action Center conducts policy advocacy activities to promote addiction and AIDS treatment, prevention and research, to fight discrimination, reform sentencing laws, protect privacy, and promote other sound public policies. LAC advocates adoption of public policies that:
Changing Landscapes: Transforming Communities and the Criminal Justice System
Presented by the Legal Action Center in June 2013, this mini-conference offered attendees an opportunity to learn about changes that federal health care reform and New York State Medicaid Redesign will have on the criminal justice population with a particular focus on health homes, HIV, Hepatitis C and other chronic conditions. The event also addressed ways to stay informed, get active on these issues and connect with others who care about these issues and this population.
Conference materials are available below for download.
- "The Affordable Care Act" - presented by Angelica Ramirez
- "New York's Medicaid Redesign" - presented by Tracie Gardner
- "Medical and Behavioral Health Care for People in New York State Prisons" - presented by Jack Beck
- "New York State Health Homes and Criminal Justice Implementation" - presented by Rosemary Cabrera
- NEXT STEPS: Call for Comments on DOH Review of HIV and Hepatitis-C Policies
||Criminal Justice||Alcohol & Drugs|
New: See all our advocacy work on the 2012-2013 budget at Budget Central!