Addresses widespread use of prior criminal convictions in screening and disqualifying job applicants which disproportionately affects minorities
Free, downloadable videos created by the Legal Action Center for the NYS Division of Probation and Correctional Alternatives.
LAC is now on Amazon Smile. If you shop on Amazon, you can easily arrange to have Amazon.com donate a portion of every purchase you make to LAC. This is money donated by amazon.com, not you! Click here to start.
Updates to a landmark study of the legal obstacles that people with criminal records face when trying to re-enter society.
A video guide to give people leaving prison the skills and knowledge to find jobs and prepare them for the challenges of re-entry. Available online or in DVD form.
Our Director and Deputy Director, Paul N. Samuels and Anita Marton, speak to the Pew Charitable Trust’s Stateline about the impact of the ACA on Medicaid and reentry.
News and Highlights
- LAC Director and President Paul Samuels Quoted in New York Times Discussing Impact of IMD Exclusion
- NY A.G. Schneiderman Fines EmblemHealth $1.2 M for Denying Addiction & Mental Health Benefits
- LAC Praises Governor Cuomo’s Announcement of the Council on Community Re-Entry and Reintegration
- ACT NOW! Action Alert: Tell SAMHSA to Protect Privacy Rights of Addiction Treatment Patients
- Free New York Rap Sheet Workshop for HIV-Positive Clients